What You'll Find
Final Fantasy XIV is a video game falling under the Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game (MMORPG) directed/produced by Naoki Yoshida and written by Kazutoyo Maehiro. It was first developed and released in 2010 on PS3 and PC but turned into a commercial and critical disaster. However, with enhancements, etc., it was released again in Aug 2013 and further released for PS4 in 2014 and PS5 in 2021.
Final Fantasy XIV (FFXIV) is one of the most popular games on the Windows Operating System. Some players state that they received an error 90002 while running the game. This problem is usually occurring in Windows 7 and Windows 10. Well, the error does not appear on the main screen or during the character creation menu. One common error that many gamers playing this game have faced is the 90002 error and also the ‘unable to download patch file’ error. Check out this article to fix the unable to download patch file error. The 90002 error indicates that the user has been forcibly thrown out of the game as the connection gets timed out with the server.
Below, we have a list of ways to solve it and continue your fun!
1. Rebooting and Resetting your Router
The easiest of them all. According to players, this issue can be caused by an IP or TCP inconsistent with your router. Any user should be able to fix the problem with a simple router reboot. Simply rebooting the WIFI router may solve the issue that would be connected to the server. Sometimes because of Internet connection, many game servers on your PC might not work properly.
Another cause of the 90002 error can be damaged/corrupted files. You must ensure that every file of the said game is updated and not corrupted. Go to the control panel and click on Add/Remove programs. Find Final Fantasy XIV and click on uninstall.
You can download it again on the STEAM software. Search Final Fantasy XIV in STEAM and click play for free.
Keep in mind- If you are using an older router model that does not support UPnP, you may need to change the Final Fantasy IV master configuration file to ignore this technology when connecting to the game’s main server.
- Begin with a common router reset by clicking on the power button behind the network device.
- Following that, unplug the router’s cable and power cord from an electrical outlet. Few users also theorized that the FFXIV 90002 error occurred because of other TCP / IP conflicts with the router.
Note- Resetting the router to factory default can also help the persisting issue.
2. Disabling Antivirus and Firewall Temporarily
According to many users affected, this problem may occur due to a game conflict with the firewall. You may see this error because of an issue between the safety package and the Square Enix main -server. We aren’t aware of the problems created by antivirus, but Some antivirus software like Avast, ESET Security, and others make an issue in the smooth functioning of FFXIV.
FFXIV users have revealed that Avast finishes up messing up when receiving the raw network traffic by FFXIV from tapping into this traffic. 90002 error can also occur due to a game conflict with the Windows Firewall. To eradicate such an issue, you need to try disabling Windows Firewall temporarily.
We can easily disable the antivirus and firewall or uninstall it temporarily.
- Open the run window and type appwiz.cpl to lead you to the programs menu.
- Check which antivirus is creating an issue. Once you have found it, you can disable it.
- If the error still exists, try uninstalling the software temporarily.
Things to keep in mind- Remember to enable your antivirus or change to another antivirus software
Tip: You can also try to do it by disabling the real-time protection through the taskbar menu, but many users have complained that this was not enough for them, but a try doesn’t hurt!
3. Disable Large Send Offload
Large Send Offload optimizes the network performance. It turns out that this network adapter setting, which is designed to prevent large packets from being split into smaller packages, helps optimize the network’s performance.
However, games like final fantasy XIV might disconnect if this option is open. You can try disabling it!
- Go to the Run window. same as before, input ncpa.cpl in the box and open the Network Connection
- Right-click thereon and choose Properties.
- Then click on Configure under the Networking tab.
- Now that you have got to the Controller Properties menu and choose the Advanced tab from the menu on the top click on Large Send Offload v2 from the menu, and set it to Disabled.
- Repeat with the Large Send Offload v2 and then select OK to save the changes you have made.
- Restart your PC and check whether the particular issue is fixed.
4. Using Google DNS
If your PC uses an automatically assigned DNS, it may also create some problems with your game. Yet another easier way to solve the game error is to change the existing DNS to a different Google DNS. This issue is also occurring because a DNS (Domain Name System) is inconsistent and inhibits your PC’s ability to connect to the game’s main server. Making this change can end up resolving your maximum number of issues caused by the original DNS.
- Select Network Connections settings and open the Properties of the network you’re using.
- Under the Networking tab, double-click Internet Protocol to access its properties.
- Within the following window, select Use the following DNS server address and input the address. Then click OK:
- Open Protocol Version 6 (TCP / IPv6) Properties, select Use this given DNS server address and type:
- Preference DNS Server: 2001:4860:4860::8888
- Click OK to keep the changes.
Still couldn’t fix the error? Don’t worry; we’ve got you!
If known methods have not resolved the issue for you, you can try reinstalling the game.
Note: you can also use the Restore Repair Tool to scan the repositories to replace corrupt and missing files. This works in most cases, where the difficulty originated because of system corruption. Restoring also will optimize your system for max performance.
Sadly, FFXIV does not have an unusual user recovery tool like many other similar games. Thus, you should remove all the traces of the game from your PC and reinstall it. If the problem was due to an inconsistent game file, you might not see the error again ever again!
I hope this helps.